- OR2013 CrowdVine
Institutional Repositories Dealing with Data: What a difference a ‘D’ makes!
To register for this workshop, please click here.
For full workshop description see Word doc attachment below.
Angus Whyte, Digital Curation Centre
Chuck Humphrey, University of Alberta: The Long Tail of Data Wagging the IR.
Michael Witt & Courtney Matthews, Purdue University -The Purdue University Research Repository (PURR): providing institutional data services with a virtual research environment, data publication and archiving.
Keywords:institutional repositories; research data management; data curation; data repositories; roles and responsibilities; research support
Track:Workshops and tutorials
The workshop aims to help IR managers and others in the repository community to identify strategies and practical steps to deal with research data within the increasingly complex environment of open access scholarly communication. The questions we address through presentations, breakout groups and panel discussion include:
1. What organisational, technology and resourcing capabilities do institutional repository managers need to deal with research data?
2. How can the IR function together with other actors in the institution to develop services to support research data management and long-term curation?
3. What guidelines and standards are needed to integrate IRs into the wider data repository ecology that includes research information systems, publishers and disciplinary data repositories?
• Learn about a variety of roles institutional repositories are playing in supporting research data management.
• Identify options for improving RDM and the re-use of research data via institutional repositories.
• Gain ideas of how you and your repository can have more impact in the research ecosystem.